Monday, October 1, 2012

{kelly deck for aya kitchens: idswest 2012}

Happy Monday! We're back in action, and boy was this past weekend a ton of fun! The IDSwest 2012 show has come and gone in here in Vancouver, and what a great show it was. I took in all of the booths on Opening Night this past Thursday, and I got to enjoy the sights with fabulous blogger friends Meesh of i dream of chairs, and Rosa of flutterflutter. They are both talented photographers, and the images I'm sharing today were all taken by them!

I'm sharing with you my MOST favorite booth from this year's show. AyA Kitchens collaborated with local talented designer Kelly Deck to create a stunning beauty. Feast your eyes:

 
Ok, there is A LOT to love here, but some highlights: the brass range {oh my}, the brass hardware, the incredible slab of marble ... I could go on. You may be able to tell that the beautiful hanging light fixtures {visible in the first photo} create a twinkling shimmer on the marble backsplash {see below}. The mix of the warm wood tables, the comfy chaise's, and the sleek {but super comfy} stools created a very inviting and relaxing zone.
 
left via i dream of chairs; right via flutterflutter
 
What I also loved was that the wall and back counter was slathered in marble, but the working surface on the center island was a more durable man-made product from what I could tell. I've always thought that is what I'd like to do one day, as I'd be so paranoid about ruining a gorgeous marble countertop on such a frequently used surface in the kitchen.
 
 
 
My new obsession: putty colored cabinets!! It was so much warmer than white but still crisp and bright. I LOVED the putty combined with the natural tones in the marble and the warmth of all the brass. Amazing combo.
 
 
Don't you think I look like I belong in this kitchen? Can't you see me cooking Canadian Thanksgiving dinner for my family next weekend in here?? A girl can dream!! This is probably the most stunning kitchen I've physically stood in and I won't soon forget it, Kelly Deck and her team knocked it out of the park.
 
Thank you to Meesh & Rosa for the photos!

27 comments:

Amy said...

Oh, how beautiful! I love the lights.

Anonymous said...

Such a glamourous kitchen, and the putty is beautiful and yes you and your sweater look fab in there.

{darlene} @ fieldstonehill said...

Oh, my! That hood is STUNNING. What a great kitchen. Pinned it.... found you on PInterest today!

I totally am with you. Putty is such a classy look for the kitchen.

nice to see you in blogland!
- {darlene}

www.fieldstonehilldesign.com

Unknown said...

wow Nancy, that is quite possibly the most beautiful kitchen I have ever seen! Thank you so much for sharing it.
Sounds like a great show.
Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

michele said...

truly magnificent! i am with you on the putty cabinet color too. have been considering it for my own kitchen!

thanks for bringing us along.

michele

Meesh @ I Dream of Chairs said...

I can totally see you cooking up a storm in this kitchen! Thanks for hanging out with me at the show. I'm still so bagged from the weekend, I haven't even got up my own IDSWest post. ;)

Rosa @ FlutterFlutter said...

Great kitchen, great people, and great event! I'm already excited that we get to do it again next year! :)

Albertina || MimosaLane said...

that Hood against the marble!!! Perfection

Sheila Zeller said...

This was such a gorgeous kitchen, and you look perfectly suited to it! Your smile, just as bright and warm :-) Go Nancy!!!

Preciously Me said...

Gorgeous kitchen! So beautiful that even would be afraid to cook in it!
J'adore ♥

Julie said...

This is def. going in my "kitchen's I love" file. Love the marble and taupe cabinets, the lighting, classic mixed with modern...EVERYTHING!!

Danielle Hardy said...

This kitchen was just beautiful..jaw dropping! You are just the sweetest person ever!! I am so glad we got to spend this last weekend together :) Love you cutie xo

ADI said...

Stunning kitchen. Clean and I really liked the color!

Kathysue said...

Hi Nancy,
I have never been a gray/putty kind of gal, but the apartment we stayed in Paris had putty cupboards and you are so right it was warm and bright at the same time. I think it changed my mind a bit! xo Kathysue

Santi said...

beautiful! love the golden touch!
Santi

santiroyalhome.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Jaw droppingly gorge! I'm obsessed with brass in the kitchen at the moment and they used it beautifully!

Anonymous said...

Jaw droppingly gorge! I'm obsessed with brass in the kitchen at the moment and they used it beautifully!

Anonymous said...

What a stunning kitchen! It just sparkles. Love the brass, love the putty, love the marble!

Vanessa@decor happy said...

Beautiful kitchen and you totally look fab in there!

Victoria @ The FAT Paint™ Company and ÉdinHome said...

My favourite from IDS West too, Nancy!! I can't think of one thing about this space that I didn't love!!
Victoria

Tim said...

beautiful kitchen Nancy! Thanks so much for sharing this gorgeous space with us. I'm working on a powder room and will be using the same pendants as well ... can't wait to get them install!

How2home said...

Wow! What a beautiful space! Thanks for sharing these wonderful photos with us :) The gold faucet, i can;t stop looking at it!

Unknown said...

I can hardly breath I love that brass hood so much!

Designwali said...

that kitchen is amazing!

Erin said...

Do you know what color the cabinets were painted? Love.

Liz Delesalle said...

Any idea where the faucet is from/brand? I am SEARCHING for the perfect gold/brass faucet...that one is perfect! and the cabinet pulls too....

mplasch said...

Where is the brass faucet from? or what is the brand? Do you still remember? I love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

© 2010-2017 Nancy Marcus. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas