4.25.2012

{the anatomy of a windsor smith kitchen}

I love Windsor Smith's work ... ALL of it. She's got the magic formula of mixing classic bones + an amazing wow factor down pat! But there is something extra special about a 'Windsor Smith kitchen,' don't you agree?


via Rue



via Veranda


Ooh, that's a whole lot of kitchen pretty. Let's dissect, shall we? What must a Windsor Smith kitchen include? Gobs of marble is a good start, a tiny touch of rustic glam through a wide-planked wood floor or a large marble-top french table, a mix of seating styles that could include this navy brushed side chair and Windsor Smith's own slipcovered wingback chair, a ceiling pot rack for added charm, and of course two oversized black drum-shade light fixtures for that WS wow factor!


Yep, I could live like this :) Could you picture it?

One more thing! I'm excited to be visiting Victoria's lovely blog vmac + cheese, participating in her Behind the Scenes series today, hop over to learn a little more about me, like which 4 books I hope to read this year and what keeps me blogging.

I also guest blogged over at the fabulous & fellow Canadian Designwali blog a couple of weeks ago, sharing a spot of color in my home that brings a smile to my face. Thanks to both wonderful ladies for having me!

17 comments:

Sadie + Stella said...

Adore your rendition. I can see it. Totally. That first image wins my heart every time as well as that second to last one. Think I had a bit of a heart palpitation there. Woah.

Amy Walters said...

Oh my! These kitchens are a-maaaazing.
Love the blue wall colour of that first image. So stunning,

Like Me Some said...

I so agree!! These kitchens are simply amazing!!! I want those bamboo chairs in a bad way!! I love everything you selected to recreate the look, especially the chandeliers!!

Jean @ Flower Hill said...

I love Windsor Smith. Everything she does.

Samantha Green said...

wow, these kitchens are all absolutely amazing -- i dream of having a kitchen that size one day! found you from vmac & cheese today and very pleased about that, i absolutely love interior design :) xx

Michelle @ AM Dolce Vita said...

It's so hard to mix rustic + glam and have everything so pulled together. I am a big fan of Windsor Smith's fabrics, and used the Pelagos as drapery in my master bedroom.

heather said...

Absolutely love Windsor Smith's design, she has always been an inspiration for my own style. She has a way of making any space feel timeless with her eclectic flair. There's always so many beautiful elements to look at, I never know where to let my eye rest!!

Lonely Wife Project said...

Just found you through Victoria's blog and I wanted to say your home before and afters are fabulous! Some of the best I've seen!! Looking forward to following.

barbara@hodge:podge said...

Nancy, Nancy, Nancy, how do you do it all? Loved your write up on vmac and cheese. I admire you for all your hard work and vision that you have! I too am afraid to step out and try my hand at design. But I am sure you will nail it! Can't wait to chat while we fly to Toronto! So much catching up to do.

Hugs and congrats on being DONE!

Karena said...

Oh yes Nancy I love it!! Ready for a redo!

....I wanted you to know...I am featuring Anita Rivera, Friend, Designer and Paper Artist with Castles Crowns & Cottages, & her Giveaway on my site!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Crissy @ House of Marlowe said...

Great observations..... love it all!

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Love every image. One of my favorite designers.

Tracey Ayton Photography said...

THIS is what I crush on! My dream kitchen would incorporate everything here. Slurp, drool. You made my day. Hope all is well with you Nancy.

Lisa Eryn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

http://artifyme.wordpress.com/

StickerPress said...

Hello,

Blog seems to be very interesting. Thanks For sharing such a nice blog. It’s great pleasure to get the chance to comment on such an informative blog.

Norway based Stickers Press Company offering Stickers til din begivenhet.We are one of most leading company in Norway proives services like Vannflasker med egen etikett, Ulike Vinetiketter, Funny Vinetiketter,Julen Vinetiketter, Classic Vinetiketter, Baby og Barnedåp.

StickerPress Offers full services on Bursdag Vinetiketter, Mor og farsdag Vinetiketter, Astro Vinetiketter, brus etikett, Chocolate Vesker etc.


StickerPress
http://www.stickerspress.com

Phone: +47 7391 2420
E-mail: post@stickerspress.no

Konfektposer med din egen etikett, Stickers til din begivenhet, Design din egen vinetikett, Design din egen vannflaske, Design din egen stickers

Sarah MacMillan {Prairie Perch} said...

Great post, Nancy! She does design incredible kitchens.

Related Posts with Thumbnails