2.28.2012

{swooning: sofas back-to-back}

I've posted about this particular sofa arrangement before, and I am still swooning! It's something that I must try if given the chance.

Now this first example just might be my favorite example, it is literally BUILT to be double sided, it's actually one piece!! In the right room {and of the right size}, there couldn't be a more perfect way to create two separate sitting areas.


Sarah Richardson recently gave this layout a try in her London project featured in the latest issue of House & Home {I'm in love with the shape of these pieces - probably custom}:


Veranda's House of Windsor {take the full tour here} collaborative project with Windsor Smith sported back-to-back sofas in the great room; if you look closely it's a nice example of placing a sofa table between the two:



Nobody does it better than Windsor Smith...


Yep ... a must try! If you are loving this look and want to see a few more examples go here. Would you try it?

17 comments:

Haus and Home said...

For the first picture I thought it was 2 sofas back to back, but until you mentioned it was built that way! Pretty cool!

Catarina Santi said...

lovely idea !! :D
its stunning the last photo

amy walters said...

Such a luxe layout, but still approachable and inviting. Beautiful round-up Nancy!
I would love to try a similar set-up one day, but I'm not sure I'll ever have a sitting room large enough to give it a go!

Wendi @ Classic Chic Home said...

Such gorgeous examples, Nancy! How lovely it would be to have a room large enough to accomodate this look!

lisaroyhandbags said...

gosh, to have a room large enough for 2 sitting areas would be a dream! Love those sofas in Sarah's room.

kelly@refresheddesigns. said...

I been seeing this trend recently and wondered whether it will take or not. It certainly works in some rooms, but not sure of the functionality/need in others? Some nice examples here though.

Sharon@house58blog.com said...

I am a huge fan of this concept. I just wish I had a large enough space in my own home to do it! Lovely pics!

Diane James Home said...

Absolutely! Especially ala Windsor with a console or table between the sofas. My dream room would have one facing the French doors with a view of the ocean and the other facing a stone fireplace! Cheers, Cynthia

Sheila @SZInteriors said...

I have always been intrigued with this idea, and one day would love to have a space to give it a try!

Tim said...

Love the back to back sofa idea! Totally a different take but breath of fresh air to the "traditional" layout of a living room.

Of course I love those pieces in Sarah's room and the sofas are Sarah's own design. Love it!

Wendy said...

I love back to back sofa's - if only I had the space! The sofa's in Sarah's UK redesign project were indeed custom. Great collection of photos!!

Vintage Home said...

love the look...I am a huge Windsor Smith fan...she does that so well!
Thanks for sharing!

{The Design Daredevil} Jessie D. Miller said...

Very cool idea....I prefer two identical sofas versus one custom piece. I also like the idea of a a console table between the two.

Lisa Mende Design said...

I adore sofas back to back! what a great idea!

Letitia Linke - The White Shed said...

I had never thought of this but I love it!

victoria | vmac+cheese said...

Completely agree! It makes the rooms feel so grand, and you could make each space feel so distinct without even trying!

Shauna@Satori Design for Living said...

I think I like this best with a table in between. Love your examples!

Related Posts with Thumbnails